Sunday 30 September 2012

Crisps

I love crisps of all kinds. Today I made one with pears. I love pears and raspberries together, and apples and cranberries together, but I think my most favourite is a peach crisp.

I make all crisps the same - give or take a tweak here and there.

I put the fruit in a oven proof pan, at least 3/4 full. If it is sour fruit or berries I sprinkle either sugar or honey on them, otherwise I don't.

The topping for a 8 inch square pan is 2 cups dry ingredients: I usually use 1 1/2 cups rolled oats and 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or 1 cup oats and 1/2 cup ground almonds, 1/2 cup brown rice flour);
a pinch of salt; some cinnamon; some sugar (depending on sweetness of fruit); melted butter enough added to make dry mixture moist (it's 1/4 to 1/2 cup or more).

Mix all together and pat on fruit. Cook 325 to 350 F for about 1/2 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment