Tuesday 23 October 2012

Happy for a cold.

I have been mostly in bed for 2 days with a cold. It takes a cold sometimes to get us to lie down. For me, I haven't been able to think. I wish I could have read some of the books on my pile but no, I had to just lie down or sit up for a while watching television. It was hard to find something good to watch. I wanted something to make me laugh heartily. Even the comedians weren't that funny. Maybe it was my state of mind - full of mucous.

A cold is good for:
Clearing out, both literally and figuratively.
For looking at why we have to do so much.
For noticing that it's never done - there is always more to do.
For noticing that taking a day off or two isn't the end of the world.
Good for losing a little weight or at least feeling slimmer.
Good for getting more fluids (sometimes I forget to drink enough).
Allowing someone to pamper you and if you have no one then learning to pamper yourself.
It makes you stop and re-evaluate your life.
It boosts your immune system.

So, I am happy for having had this cold. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment