Friday 21 June 2013

Frogs in the pool

Today, Grace came to the door and she gave me these bath gel frogs. Aren't they cute?
I even found them their own little pool. However, one or two of them will be in my bath tonight. It is fun to get such a surprise, for no reason at all. Thanks!

There is the most amazing soft glitter of rain this evening. Everything is pure green. The streets are bare. The people are quiet. No shouting. No music. No Bbq's. No lawnmowers. No chainsaw sounding weedwackers. I love it!

I walked the dog along McVicar's creek this afternoon. Right inside the inner city, folks were fishing. Another man sat on the old stone fence and ate a bbq chicken just hot from the Safeway around the corner. He washed it down with a quart of milk. Two men were having a brew and they played with Felix for a while. Felix wanted to pee on one man's leg and oh did they howl and slap their thighs. There is something so adventuresome anywhere around this older neighbourhood. I love where I live.

And most of all there is such joy from my garden!





No comments:

Post a Comment