Saturday 12 October 2013

A home for the soul

My body is my home. I need to be aware of my home in order to upkeep and to keep it running at optimum. My body is my living space. Some parts of it are overused and other parts are underused. I want to be comfortable in my own skin. Being aware has to be the first step for change. To know what is going on right now, right here, in this moment, is important. It is the beginning step. To be fully alive I have to find where I am not alive. This is sometimes the conundrum: I am alive where I fully sense and feel the body and when I don't I'm not. What I'm not aware of - I neglect because it doesn't exist. However, movement can bring perception of the body. But only mindful movement. Repetitive exercise just done by rote actually dulls the senses even more. Becoming aware of the body is like looking around at home. What needs mending? What needs tending to? What needs a good scrubbing?

In order to feel "full" of life we need to have a sense of our whole being. Our volume. Just rest and take a breath deeply and gently. Feel the volume of your belly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment