Tuesday 12 November 2013

Love your gas station attendant

The little orange light that looks like a gas pump went on in my car today. Since my dad always said to never let my gas level get really low I headed over to my full service gas station. How did we ever manage without the reminders anyway, these little lights, beeps, and burps?

So, I said fill 'er up!
The young man said sure and plugged me in. He then came over and asked how my day was going. Excuse me? He seemed to really want to know. We chatted and went through the most common northern Ontario topic - the weather. We moved on to how some people are cold or hot and how couples are often opposite. We shared stories about how our partners were feeling the chill when we think it's 100 degrees. We moved onto skin sensitivities, and manscaping, which I had never heard of. That's when all these products and activities that women have bought and done for years: hair colour, body lotions, nail potions, hair waxing, etc. now it's for the man too! Manscaping! 
He wasn't buying it and neither was I. We had a lovely conversation. And you just never know when you find a kindred spirit. Stay alert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment