Thursday 6 March 2014

I have no complaints, none!

The last little while I have let my thoughts run rampant. Yes, I meditate every day, as if it was as necessary as air or water, which for me is now true if I want to laugh and be joyful. And in meditation I have a lot of thoughts but I don't pay attention to them, so they just come and go and I stay here. But this winter has been long and weary, at least weather wise, and I have slipped more into grumbling than I would like. Or maybe I have always been this way and now just noticed. I've never done a thing about Lent but someone the other night said she was giving up sugar for the 40 days and 40 nights and I wondered what I might do. I said to Don that maybe I should give up coffee. He said too easy. Why not give up complaining? I said I would if he would. And we are "on"! It's the second day
and I'm not doing too badly today. Yesterday I failed many times. This takes way more vigilance than I thought. I know that thoughts have all the power.  I know that anything I think has an effect on me and yet I have  an easy going attitude about seeing the thoughts. No more. I am on a mission! I am now a "lert". Alert=a lert. Lent to Lert.
My mantra - I have no complaints, none.
You could have any Lert, so just pick one. They all bring you eyes to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment