Saturday 6 July 2013

The voice in your head

Yesterday I really put my nose into my mind. I sat for hours in a yurt and paid attention. There is a voice inside my head that sounds like me. It talks all the time. It comments on everything. Like an announcer of a hockey game on the radio. Sometimes it even says - hey look! I'm not thinking! Very cool to see. 

We usually hear thoughts like what shall I make for dinner or when we are annoyed with someone and want to do something about it. But there is another voice that is harder to hear and even harder to catch it mumbling all the time. So I was glad. And then I looked at what wasn't talking. This wide open expanse. Spaciousness. Beauty. The mind is mostly silent. We can't know that until we stop listening to the voice in our head.

Look inside. Just take the time on a summer afternoon and be still and put your nose into what's there in the mind. You have to know the nature of the mind. Why? You might not want it bossing you around anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment