Wednesday 13 June 2018

Shoes

I've been walking a lot but mostly in my own neighrhood. I've met old friends and made new friends. I bundle trips together. I don't go for groceries or to a coffee shop and then come home and go out again. I get groceries after work on my way home. And Don is really the grocery guy now. No back and forth for me - to save steps. So far haven't had to use public transportation or even a bike. It's just over two weeks without a car and I don't grumble about having to walk. There is no other choice so it's easy. Choices can make me hesitate and there is a chance to "feel" tired when I'm not even tired and I often drove the car to work evenings because I might be tired later. 

Someone had a lovely pair of shoes in the hall one day and I inquired where they were from. Ah, Shoe Company. I'm going to get a pair. And then I thought it's quite a way to go. Long long walk, or a bike ride on busy streets or a bus ride. Hmmmm, don't want the shoes that much. I'm so fickle.

Tomorrow will be my first cab ride. I'm going to the airport.  I'm flying to Vancouver to visit my daughter and Don's daughter. 

Yoga classes are in summer mode. No more shoes waiting for feet to return for a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment