Monday 24 October 2011

Today is this remarkable fall day!
Waiting for wood to arrive so I can stack it in the back yard. I love that job. It's like building a fort.

I made the all time simple soup this weekend

Roast a butternut squash (sliced in half, sprinkled with oil and a little salt and pepper in oven at 350 degrees until soft)
Cool enough to handle. Peel. Put into pot with one can of coconut milk. Puree. Heat. Eat.
Wow! It's like dessert for lunch. And very filling. Serves two.

Slightly adapted from a new cookbook by Brendan Brazier, Whole Foods to Thrive

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds, me: make more granola! My son found my granola stash and it disappeared - go figure. Your recipes you shared with us are wonderful: spaghetti squash, granola, Finnish pancakes. Still trying to carry on with clabbered milk, but three out of four? Not bad for a new direction in dietary awareness, so much thanks Mayama, you're the bees knees!

    ReplyDelete