Saturday 29 June 2013

Morning has broken.

Morning in Barcelona is quiet in the early hours, though it is a Saturday. Now, at 10:00 am or so, the cathedral's organ is expressing the voice of devotion. A woman who sounds loud, demanding and not terribly young is calling "Papa!". The birds chirping sound like barn swallows. I hear English spoken below and peak down from the little balcony and see two runners in what looks like North American running gear. Actually, I see a lot of tourists this morning. I think the Spaniards are still sleeping. They eat late starting at 9 pm and they partied long into the night.

When I woke this morning I thought how wonderful it is to be lying down. The problem with traveling is not being able to rest. To lie down and just put your feet up. I lay down on the yoga mat to do yoga. Ahhhh! Oh how stiff my back! Sitting is brutal for posture. I lay for a long time on my back with my knees bent and feet flat on the floor, just breathing. Just exhaling fully. It was hard at first and then slowly the breath appeared to deepen. This is one of the best ways to allow posture to sort itself out. And the breath too.

Hear is the view from the balcony of Arkupe apartments where I am staying for a few nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment