Monday 21 March 2016

Mayama's Niçoise salad

I had the best Salad Niçoise in a little cafe in Australia. A French man was the owner and cook and he put love into that salad. My mom and daughter had something else and had almost eaten their lunch when mine arrived. The owner and cook served my lunch with a wonderful smile on his face. I felt like the only woman in the cafe as he served my salad and said Bon appetit. That salad is remembered as perfection.

Here is my version. It pales in comparison. I love the element of hot and cold together especially when it doesn't feel hot enough to have a salad for a meal but am wanting crunch and freshness.
Fry a potato.
And boil an egg.
Poke around in the fridge and cupboard for what you have.
For me it's a necessity to have a potato and an egg, some tuna (Italian solid in a can is awesome), something green like steamed green beans, and some kind of salad greens. Oh yes, some olives.
Here I had a lonesome avocado and a tomato and some Parmesan cheese to sprinkle.
I only use some oil from the tuna can and salt and pepper to sprinkle.
Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment