Saturday 4 August 2012

Monkhood

I have been so reluctant to step up and say I am an Ishaya monk. I have played small. It hasn't served anyone except the little "me" who still thinks I am just a body walking around doing my thing of being a yoga teacher and a meditation teacher. My whole life has been about healing. Healing myself primarily. This is the best and most valuable thing I can do for humanity. Heal myself and that healing expands into love and joy that expands out into the world. First my family. Students. Friends. The people I meet at the grocery store and so on. As a monk I have taken vows to surrender every thought, feeling and action back to source and thereby allowing joy to flow to myself and to everyone I meet. Healing is wholeness. Joy flows naturally. It's not contrived. And my experience is that it is here for everyone. Everyone. This includes you!

My teacher, Maharishi Krishnananda Ishaya, reminded me at this retreat. So, I plan to step up and allow myself to be who I showed put to be.

Here I am Mayama Ishaya.

www.thebrightpath.com

Please visit the wonderful website that has recently been spruced up.










1 comment:

  1. Great post - looks like you have "come out of the Ishaya closet"! :-))

    ReplyDelete