Wednesday 22 August 2012

Winnipeg airport

The new Winnipeg airport is amazing! Free Wifi (Toronto are you listening?)
Stella's has fabulous food. Home made ice tea and lemonade in a bottomless glass! And check out the chocolate torte. I sat and ate and drank until I could take my luggage through security......four hours before flight.

Traveling is noisy. If I close my eyes and listen - there is music, announcements, children shouting, little trucks driving around, languages of all kinds, espresso machines and milk foaming machines steaming, and laughter, but no moments of silence.

The only silence possible is deep inside me. Deep, deep......how far in can I go? I think inward is infinite and so is outward. Outward infinite is easier to see and visualize. Inward infinite requires an alertness - like an eagle sitting at the top of a large old pine tree, who watches everything, every movement of leaf and animal.

It is worth the effort to be alert and it truly doesn't require effort (only apparent effort).......... Well, it is mighty relaxing and I feel still and the mind wants to rest. Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment