Friday 15 February 2013

Soft and comfy

I drove from Thunder Bay to Marathon today. It was the most lovely drive. I only made one quick pit stop to a washroom in Schreiber so it was only 3 1/2 hours to drive. The shore of Lake Superior is beautiful in winter with chunks of ice, then flat snow, then open water. Amazing! There were transport trucks on the road and very few cars so I felt like I had the road to myself. There is something about being in the car alone that is so spacious and satisfying.

I did a bit of hmmmmm, I don't actually know what to call it, some kind of consciousness exercise with two groups of children at the school this afternoon. They were rambunctious and fun and loud and full of movement. Before they left many of them shared a word for the quietness they felt inside: soft, comfy, peaceful, big, good, quiet, etc. I was pleasantly surprised. Kids are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment