Saturday 9 May 2015

Heart hugs

I brought a Wagamese book with me. I just finished reading it. Another wonderful book.
The last while back home my friends have been into heart hugs. Heart hugs are when you hug so your left side touches the other persons left side. It feels awkward to me. I always forget how to hug and it feels unnatural. In the book Keeper'n Me, which tells about the Indyun way of life, it has a different take on heart hugs: 
"That's the thing with hugs.......Make you feel real good all the time. But there's a reason. When we hug someone an' really mean it, we get given a gift by the Creator who sent the person our way. That's the gift of another heartbeat. We feel it on the empty side of our chests when we really squeeze that person close. The old people say when we're really happy that extra heartbeat we feel when we're huggin's helpin' us celebrate. An' when we're full of hurt or sore that extra heartbeat's givin' us the strength we need to get through whatever it is. That's the old way of seein' it. Makes sense to me."

Isn't that just the greatest way of seein' it? The old way!

A green tea latte enjoyed at Caffe Cherry Beans. Watched a gull fight there too. It was awesome but I was so interested in it didn't think to take a photo. Fries were a flyin' around the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment