Thursday 1 November 2012

Buying a coat

Okay, today I was excited to go out to look for a winter coat. The excitement didn't last long. There is a big difference between what I would like to wear and what I can find (or fit into). I love soft comfy clothes. That doesn't seem to be a winter coat. The coats that fit well were stiff and black. The loveliest coats were skinny at the hips and big at the chest and had sleeves down to my knees. I am shaped more the other way. One saleswoman even said it is difficult to find coats for pear shaped bodies. Me? Pear shaped? It wasn't helpful to be compared to a fruit. I began having an identity crisis. I wanted to be different. I wanted to remember what it was like to be young and just know what was stylish and also to be the size I was when I was 21 years old.

I did end up finding a coat. It's almost perfect. I can see my hands. It has a real fur ruff around the hood. It is a most beautiful blue colour. And I had to skype my daughter and ask her if it was too old lady-like. She said it was beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Well a beautiful coat for a beautiful lady. Seems quite "fitting". :o)

    ReplyDelete