Friday 2 November 2012

Home

Home is where the heart is.

Anthony Lawlor writes about A Home for the Soul and says that "The primary ingredient in creating a home for the soul is our conscious attention. By bringing care and positive regard to the daily actions of living, we can deepen and foster soulfulness in ourselves and our surroundings." He writes about connecting soul to matter, that there is no separation between any of our experiences and that there is wholeness.

When I was little I used to take my mom's rag balls and unravel them to make rooms on the lawn, like architectural drawings. Rag balls are fabric cut into long strips and wound into a ball. My mom cut old clothes into these strips and when she had enough she brought them to some woman to make into colourful woven rag rugs. I remember looking at them when ready made and seeing my dad's pyjamas and my old t-shirts and my brothers sweaters. They were my favourite to play with. I made bedrooms for all my dolls. Maybe because I didn't have my own room until I was 14 years old so I had these huge houses with rooms for everyone of my "children". I have always loved making a "home". A place that feels good to be in. My favourite kind of day is a home day where I get to stay at home all day and organize or putz with something or just sit and read. I will have to make that happen more often. It is my way to relieving stress.

Thanks Deborah for the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment