Tuesday 6 November 2012

Nothing in the mind to say....

I want to write something but there appears to be no topic waiting in the wings.

Someone at our meditation meeting tonight talked about just talking, that nothing needs to be in the mind to say something. It doesn't need to be rehearsed and figured out before hand. When it's your turn or my turn to speak, it happens. Hmmm, I always can talk but if I check carefully as to what happens just before I talk, it seems that the words and thoughts appear, just appear. Slowly they form on the periphery and start to become clearer and clearer until they are fully formed and come as the spoken word. The thoughts aren't ever "mine". They appear to be mine because they have my flavour, probably because of my conditioning, and they bump against the personality of me - then they appear to be "me" and "mine". But where do they come from? Are all these loaded up in my brain somewhere? Or do they appear from source? Are thoughts little bits floating in the air? Thoughts or emotions which come first? Either? I find it amazing that I can see (actually I feel them more than see them) these thoughts forming and because they appear to be inside my head I take ownership. This is what I think. The word I.......it's an interesting thing that we capitalize this word "I". We capitalize all words to do with the divine when we are indicating the Divine....He.....Self.....God......Source (at least it's done in the spiritual books). And we always capitalize I. So, whose words are these? I's.

No comments:

Post a Comment