Monday 24 December 2012

Santa Claus

When I was a little girl I totally believed in Santa Claus (we called him Joulupukki). One year just before Christmas, my parents sat me down and said that they have to talk to me about something. We sat at my little set of table and chairs in the basement. My dad's knees were practically in his chest. He looked like a little big boy. My mom was serious and did all the talking. They told me that they regret to tell me that there is no Santa Claus. They said they were telling me because other kid's were getting more gifts and they didn't want me to think that Santa liked them more. I was so upset. I cried and told them they were wrong. i just couldn't believe it! Then I was mad at them for telling me. I really wanted to believe in Santa Claus. Funny thing is that I always thought I got the best and most gifts of all my friends, if I thought about it at all.

I still like to believe in Santa Claus......whether it is the spirit of giving and sharing, or the eating of milk and cookies.









No comments:

Post a Comment