Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas morning

I love Christmas morning because my work is done and I can play with my new toys. And in new pajamas too. Thanks mom! It reminds of being a little girl and still believing in Santa Claus. Sometimes I wonder if I don't still believe in Santa. Why not?

I celebrate Christmas on the Eve. We go for a sauna. We have a ham that's spent over 12 hours in the oven, rutabaga casserole, carrot casserole, beet and carrot salad, potatoes, rye bread, coffee and pastries. We open our presents. So, in the morning, I put the rice pudding on the stove to simmer. And then I play: Leonard Cohen is softly singing in my ear; I am having coffee with caramel spread on my rye toast; a delicate and heavenly scent is rising from the mister, oops, that is - a cool mist ionizer; looking up the properties of jade - wisdom, healing, love; reading poems of Mary Oliver; and of course, writing, which is so much fun!
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

Hey! I wonder if anyone would be interested in having a yoga class with Leonard Cohen? I think one is in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment