Saturday 7 December 2013

White flowers

I love white flowers. My azalea is about to bloom for the holidays. I bought a new white orchid today for Christmas. Orchids are amazing! I thought they were difficult to grow. It must be because of some movie where the old gentleman spent his days in a greenhouse waiting for a prized orchid to bloom. 

Years ago I found a little white orchid in the men's windowless washroom at work. It had finished blooming when I brought it home and I put it on a windowsill and forgot about it. That's the key: they hibernate and you want to ignore them for a while. That little plant has bloomed about 4 times since them, each time the flowers lasting for about a month. They like only about a tablespoon of water once in a while. They are the perfect indoor plant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment