Friday 18 May 2018

10 days to no car

Yesterday I walked again. Big mama sat in the driveway. I'm just practicing being without her. And I had a wonderful day! I met an old classmate on the street and we chatted about books and how days go so fast. He has been gobbling history books borrowed from the Waverly library. He recently read about C. D. Howe and how we should have some more memorial to this astounding man. He makes me want to look him up. 

I remember a class I was in with my friend at Lakehead University. We were already older students but we giggled like crazy people over a mistake in vocabulary of the professor. We absolutely couldn't stop. And we were weren't polite enough to leave. Or would that have been more rude? We just snorted and kept giggling. We couldn't look at each other without bursting. It was a Sociology of Medicine class. 

I'm leaving for the airport shortly. Going to Montreal. Don is driving me. Big mama gets out and about today. And I think of this being the last trip with the car. Taxis after this. I wonder if I can count on them to be on time. Or when would I call them? The night before? I leave awfully early in the mornings. How much do I tip? Do they take cash? It might add a bit more stress to traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment