Wednesday 16 May 2018

12 days to no car

I decided to walk to work this morning. It was drizzling. I scurried for my umbrella under the winter hats and mitts. It seems we are needing both for the time being: umbrellas and mitts. I shared a few words with a fellow down the street about how we need rain. I happened to meet up with a friend near the corner coffeeshop and we chatted as we walked together the rest of the way to the yoga studio. No stress.
On the way home another friend/neighbour/student and I stopped in at the coffeeshop below the studio to pick up something for lunch, strolled home and shared life happenings from the previous week. I watched someone pulling weeds. I watched someone painting stairs. As I neared home I heard my little Felix barking at the door to get back in the house. Don was cooking so he didn't want to miss any scraps in flight. No stress.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful! Although I can't give up my car yet, you have inspired me to walk and bike more.

    Happy day :)

    ReplyDelete