Wednesday 23 May 2018

5 days to no car

I’m writing a list and checking it twice.
A list of all the things I need to do before there is no car.
Tonight I'm bringing blankets home from the yoga studio to wash and fence dry them and get them returned before time runs out.

I dug out earphones from my last phone purchase and used them this morning. They are awesome. These new ones nestle in my ears perfectly. I can still hear birds and car horns so I'm good. Music beats listening to cars and there's a rhythm in my step.

Last week I asked Don to get a pizza for lunch from Both Hands Pizzeria. It's walking distance. I suggested he get a small one thinking that it would be way easier to carry home. I said I would make a salad to go with it. Well, as I'm coming home he wizzed by on his bike and waved at me. I don't see the pizza but he has his backpack. I get home and there is the pizza being pulled out of the backpack. Oops. He puts the box upside down on the table and says he took the bike so the pizza wouldn't be cold. I don't know if it's just a guy thing......... Anyway, the pizza was all curled up at the edge of the box. We just unfolded it and ate it with gusto.

I can feel a little anxiety now.
I'm wondering if I can do it.
Here is Alice sitting on a strangers' stoop.......resting during our walk in Montreal.
Maybe this will be me?

No comments:

Post a Comment