Wednesday 30 November 2011

Each alone and together.

I have some alone time. Yippee! It's 8 am. I was woken up by Don at 4:30 am so we could walk along the beach. We saw the sun come up. It's amazing how people are walking, jogging, jumping in the water at that time of the morning. On the walk back we went through the bird park where the male peacock did this awesome dance, shouting and twirling, and it sounded like he was yelling painfully ouww, as in ouch. The female thought he was acting a little ridiculously and walked away pretending she didn't even notice him. I told Don that if he wants my attention I wouldn't mind a bit of similar display. Anyway, alone time is precious to come by. There is such beauty in sitting alone and being able to just watch the breath and let the body relax. No one that I need to listen to. Just to pause and write a few words........watch the lizard down below (it feels safe up on the balcony)..........to sip some juice and feel the coolness flow down my throat.........notice the breath again.......
It's more difficult to feel and see the beauty of the moment with lots happening around me, especially interacting with people.

Here is a photo of the newest shark biscuit ready to go surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment