Friday 18 November 2011

Inspiration Journal

I've had an inspiration journal since I was about 17 years old. I write down quotes and stories from books I've read or from things I've heard people say. It's interesting to look back at old journals and discover what inspired me then. There are some themes. Love is a theme flowing throughout the years. Sometimes I have a quote written twice but many years apart. Some authors seem to inspire me forever like Krishnamurti.

Here is a quote I found twice in different journals:

There is a way of living without effort, without the constant strain of achievement and struggle for success, without the constant fear of loss or gain; I say there is a harmonious way of living life that comes when you meet every experience, every action completely, when your mind is not divided against itself, when your heart is not in conflict with your mind, when you do all things wholly, with complete unity of mind and heart. Then in that richness, in that plentitude, there is the ecstasy of life, and that to me is everlasting, that to me is eternal.
Krishnamurti 1933

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You've inspired me to re-open my journey and start writing again...

    ReplyDelete