Sunday 27 November 2011

The longest flight!

I have been on this flight for 7 hours. I have watched a movie, had dinner and slept for nearly 3 hours. I'm done now. But I have 9 more hours to live in this little space. It is dry, dry, dry. And hot. I have bare feet and my pant legs pulled up to my knees and bare arms. I guess they are acclimatizing us for Australia! Don is watching the comedy channel and occasionally laughing hysterically. No one can hear him except me. I don't see anyone else as happy looking. Some people look like they've done this before: eye masks on and pillows tucked in all the right places; others look like ER doctors who haven't slept in weeks, disheveled but still hanging in there; a few look like they can't believe they paid for this experience; and me, I look like I've been at home all day sick with a cold and pretty tired of it, in my pajamas (and yes, literally, though they don't look like it), and eyes watering and puffy (it's the air conditioning). Did I say my nose is plugged and I want someone to rub my feet and bring me juices?...........my only choice seems to be to wiggle my arms and legs for a bit........ meditate for the duration..........Hey! As I've been writing i've totally cheered up! I love when that happens. I've stopped arguing with the moment and everything is lovely. My daughter said that the best thing about sitting on an airplane is that there is nothing she HAS to do!
Don's line: this flight is so long you could have a whole relationship; meet, get to know each other, and even break up.

No comments:

Post a Comment