Sunday 22 January 2012

Chinese New Year

So, have you cleaned house today? Getting rid of cobwebs and dustbunnies?
Hmpf! Me too. Just sitting here, well, I was, and now I'm writing, after a spurt of energy.

Today, I read first. Just sat with a warm fuzzy blanket, me and Felix, with warm coffee. I'm reading Helen Humphreys's book: Wild Dogs. I don't know what to make of it. The book has guts. Helen has guts for writing it. It's not just a story of some people, but cuts to my core. I don't know if I am melancholy, or maybe sad, or maybe happy. I know that I love the poetry of her words, and if I wrote a book, I would like to write like her, something real and surreal, at the same time. So, I read first, because I can get caught in getting caught up with all my gotta-dos. They are never done. And it worked. It gave me what I wanted, Sunday relaxing time. I felt like doing something after that. And without resenting it. Mandarin hot and sour soup is soon ready for our meal today. I've washed the sheets. Soon as Don is finished his project in the man cave below, we're going to vacuum, dust, clean toilet bowls, etc. Making way for a new and fresh new year. Did I say yesterday that tomorrow, Monday, New Years Day, you are not supposed to wash, not your hair, not anything, so as not to wash away good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment