Thursday 5 January 2012

To list or not to list

This Desk notebook is just over 3 inches thick. Notes-Lists-To Do. From an awesome store in Vancouver - Anthropologie. My daughter brought me there when I visited her and this book is a present from her, since I oood and aaaahd about the store.

I make lots of lists: grocery lists; ideas for classes lists; bucket lists; shopping lists; books to read lists; things-to-do-today lists; etc. Quite frankly, I couldn't live without them. I make a list and then the stuff isn't rolling around in my brain. I don't have to remember. My mind is then free to play with other things.

My mom, on the other hand, never makes lists, except in her head. We were doing grocery shopping together and she was walking the aisles remembering what she needed to buy. I suggested she make a list next time. And she countered with, "Then how am I ever going to remember anything if I don't practice it?" Good point, ma! She was quite amazing that day, she never forgot a thing and we had a grocery cart full of a week's supply of food.

So, to list or not to list?

No comments:

Post a Comment