Tuesday 17 January 2012

My space

Some "homes" on the water in Vancouver. Just so cute and organized!
The space in which we live we call home. The space in which my partner works at home, I call it the man cave, because it's in the basement, and because I have no interest in going there. Lucky for him.
I have a work space at home too, which I call the office, but it's so much more than my office: it's a sanctuary in which to meditate when I am not the only one awake in the house; it's a place to hold my stash of knitting yarns and projects; it's a place to read books; it's a place to clean purses: it's a place to cut up magazines for my ideabook; it's a place to organize. This room is small, 7 feet by 11 feet, so I am always organizing some part of it. I organized it on the weekend and I have loved spending more time in it. I also put in a little heater as it's the coldest room in the house. I have been productive in the last few days. I always vow to keep it organized, like every day making sure it's organized before I go to bed. I know people that can do this. I envy them. It would really be nice wouldn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Your telling of organizing resonated with me - I am trying to slowly organize my home, but it never seems to get done and stay that way....maybe someday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what it would feel like to be done? Hmmmmm. I know I am more relaxed, peaceful, happy, and productive, when I have organized.

      Delete