Wednesday 4 January 2012

The hands and feet of sock knitting

I am surprised that I like to knit. This one stitch at a time thing. A sweater one stitch at a time seems to take forever and then all of a sudden it's done. Completed. One stitch at a time. One breath at a time. And then it's done.

My mom is a sock knitter extraordinaire. I love her socks. If fact I usually wear only her handmade socks. Thick ones or thin ones they all fit my foot like a glove,....er....sock! My feet are princess feet. They don't tolerate being in tight socks. Only handmade with love socks. My mom says that she thinks about the person she is knitting for while she is knitting. Awwww!

Knitting socks is a tradition in my family. Even my dad knit socks during the war. He's the one that taught me how to cast on, on many occasions, for I had trouble with that part.

Here is the feet of my daughter's and I, measuring our socks.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of your toes peeking out of the socks! Right now I am wearing a pair of socks my sister Irene knit for me - cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete