Saturday 11 February 2012

A Day Off

I have a day off today - well, almost. I had to get groceries and am cooking supper tonight for my brother, and potluck chili is in the works for tomorrow.

A day off is a day "off". Where I don't have to be "on". Nothing is written in the daytimer. No one is coming for supper. Not a thing I have to change out of my pajamas or leave the house for. I can get up in the morning free to do what I choose. These days seem to be rare but they are so, so nourishing.

Today, which is partially "off", I have wasted a good part of it wondering what to do because there are so many possibilities. I think I will brew some wonderful chai, put my feet in warm slippers, and snuggle on the couch with the dog (he loves being under the big quilt), and read. Oh joy, what could be better than that. And oh, close my eyes as I walk by all these projects...... and the dust bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment