Wednesday 12 September 2012

Life for a little guy

This little guy was wandering all over the deck. Back and forth, checking all crevices, bumping into the walls, crawling under the deck edge for a while, and returning again to go the other way. As I drank my tea and just watched (and thanked my world for having the opportunity), I thought that us people do this. We wander through life trying this, trying that, looking for how we belong here. How we fit in. Some have to look for food and lodging all their lives. Some get to play with more choices. We bump into things. We fall into cracks and even get stuck for what seems like forever. We have our beauty and also our spikes (this guy had five spikes and even they are beautiful). What a wonderful world.

I thought of helping this little guy to find a leaf or some fresh earth. I didn't. I felt like I would be messing with the scheme of things. Even Felix just sniffed him gingerly and snorted a bit and walked away.

Is this what allowing can be?

1 comment:

  1. I love your last observation about allowing - getting ourselves out of the way, not meddling, just observing it all unfold. Thank you for the gentle reminder Mayama - it was just what I needed.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete