Tuesday 4 September 2012

Raw Asian Noodle Bowl

Hey!
I am hooked on eating raw at the moment and loving it!

Here is another great recipe.....though I cooked noodles instead - just because I had them.

Asian Noodle Bowl with Kelp Noodles and Almond Chili Sauce from Whole Foods to Thrive by B. Brazier (from a restaurant called Cru, Los Angeles)

Prep time 10 minutes.

Almond Chili Sauce:
1/2 cup raw almond butter
1/4 cup tamari (I used Bragg's)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp salt (i didn't use any salt)
1 pinch chipotle powder
1 1/2 tbsp chili flakes

Mix everything together in a bowl until well combined.

The Noodles:
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
1 cup kelp noodles (I've never seen these so I used bean vermicelli and heated them in boiling water and used them hot).

Toss noodles and sauce and garnish with cilantro, chilies or cashews or whatever sprouts you have. I didn't have anything......and we ate the whole thing before I thought of taking a picture :) This recipe is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment