Sunday 17 March 2013

......a real life

What has real meaning for you? Are you living your life in a way that reveals that real meaning?

It takes courage. At least for me, it's going against the grain.
I have been reading A Real Life by Ferenc Mate. He is a bit angry. Very funny. He really sheds light on our twitter, flitter world. He looks at the consequences of television, video games, i-this, i-that, dishwashers (and not the two-legged kind), clothes dryers, food, cars, and all that stuff that well, isn't really conducive to living a real life. A real life of talking to your neighbours, hugging, absorbing what someone is actually saying, if we talk face to face. I am loving what he shows me. And I want to live a life with meaning. Not a lofty do-gooder meaning......I feed the poor.......I gave to that cause......I volunteer for such and such - but a simple, moment by moment, what's in front of me now to do, kind of meaning. Listening. Breaking bread with those closest to me. Thoughtfulness. Compassion. Kisses and cuddles. Intimacy - the kind you have when you take the time to really deeply share with another. Or the kind you have in the quiet times with yourself.

Love bundles coming your way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
May they never end.
Mayama

No comments:

Post a Comment