Monday 11 March 2013

Foot massage

No matter how busy you are remember to nourish and nurture yourself.

Even though there is a hint of spring in the air, our skin may feel parched and dry. I know I forget to drink as much water or herbal tea as I do in the warmer months, so dryness seeps in. A wonderful practice is to oil your body. This year I haven't felt terribly dry so have just done a foot massage instead of a whole body massage. Before bed is best. You sleep like a baby..

Use any oil that you would be able to eat. I use sesame oil. I rub it between my hands to warm it up and then rub it all over my feet. From the heels to the toes and down and back up again. I pull on my toes, one at a time. And twist and turn them, all very gently. I rub the instep. I crimp my fingers and find tender spots and press gently into them. I twist the foot a little with both hands. Reflex points to the rest of the body are everywhere on the feet. Massaging the feet every night releases tension and energizes the organs.

Self massaging the feet helps with rough or dry skin, dullness of sense organs, fatigue, insomnia, poor vision, nervous tension, and lethargy. Sounds like a spring tonic, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment