Tuesday 9 April 2013

Airing out

I notice that I have to change the things I do daily to get all the things done that I want to do. I envy people who have just the right amount of things they want to do in the time they have. I always have more and more things I want to do and sometimes I feel like a juggler. So, today, I deliberately got out of my routine of checking emails and doing the business work first. I cleaned the house and wrote lists of things to cook when I have company in the next few days. And I was fast because it's not what I usually do on Tuesdays. I have now time for my office work even though I have to move a little more efficiently. It's good for me. Routines are wonderful but I have to change mine to get juices flowing. I work better when I have a project for the day. Today mostly cleaning. Tomorrow mostly working. Thursday mostly studying and meditating. Like that.

I think the only way to clean a house is on a sunny day. I love chucking things outside, blankets, pillows, boot trays. I am not much of a cleaner, at least not in the sense of my Finnish heritage. I do get extra inspired when I have company coming. My dad, who lived with us for years after he had his stroke, would ask: who's coming? when I got out the dust rag and vaccuum. < Sorry, can't spell that word, but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment