Sunday 7 April 2013

Thought is matter

If what we think is matter and neuroscience tells us this is true, then what we think materializes in our lives, especially when we repeatedly build these pathways within the brain with our same thoughts daily. It is truly important to think that which we want for ourselves. And so often I find myself saying things to myself and about myself that I would never say to a friend - look at that fat - you're stupid - you don't know what you are doing, etc. What I think grows. What I think becomes who I am. Each thought brings a feeling, which brings a thought, which brings a feeling, so I better be thinking and feeling what I want to think and feel. The more this circular pattern continues the more deep the pathway and pattern becomes and the harder it is to think or feel something different. What thoughts continue repeatedly brings about the attitude to life.

I feel absolutely committed to paying attention to my thoughts and my feelings. Always starting where I am. Tomorrow again, starting where I am then. And the next day. It is simple but not always easy. An effort is required to be vigilant with this. It requires repetition. Repetition to change repetition. A new habit to change an old habit. Like taking a thorn to take out another thorn from the hand.

I suppose I just write to figure something out for myself.
Baba Hari Dass always says - Teach to learn.................and maybe I write to understand.

Step one: Find out what you want.
Step two: Commit to it.
Step three: Be vigilant to the commitment. Every day - remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment