Monday 29 April 2013

Drunk on sunshine

There is a saying in Finnish: raittiin ilman myrkytys, which means fresh air poisoning. I think the closest in English is drunk on sunshine. I feel that today. It is finally nice enough to open windows (at least for a while) and go sit in the sun and do things outside like throw snow around so it melts faster. I love doing that.

I also feel drunk on yoga. That's when I have been teaching a number of classes in one day and doing, going, up and down, etc., then I hardly notice how much I have been moving until I feel drunk on yoga. It is a bit of tiredness but such a good tiredness. There is some buzzing in the body and sometimes disorientation. I do notice that it isn't good to do it often, say two days in a row. It upsets the flow of prana somehow. Once I get home a posture that would help is viparita karani which is like doing a v-shaped shoulder stand. The hips and buttocks are sticking out. You can also put the legs up the wall with a prop under the pelvis. I prefer the first one. They have the same benefit: to clear any prana derangement.

Hopefully you can get drunk on sunshine tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment