Friday 26 April 2013

The Window Box

i cleared out my window box yesterday and today. I am not really sure if this little 6 feet by 6 feet room was part of a stairway or if it was porch at one time. It was a decrepit strange room with only single pane tiny windows and no access to outside. It was too cold in the winter to do anything with it and too hot in the summer to do anything with it. Don and I fixed it up a few years ago so it could be my private little room. It now serves as a wee guest room if necessary, a cool place in winter for extra food, a yoga room, a reading room, a moon gazing room. Patio doors lead to a little breakfast deck (just for the two of us). It's high and I feel regal standing on that deck. Too dark tonight to show you. Now, it's empty again for sitting and when I move the chair to the side for yoga. Everyone needs a private place in the home......even if it's called the window box. Don's daughter, Laura, named it that and it has stuck.





No comments:

Post a Comment