Monday 18 November 2013

A card

Monday morning after class I opened this card that had come in the mail. Yes the post! The Yukon in the fall. A very beautiful card and i wondered who it was from. Awwwww! A handwritten note from a former student. She's been reading my blog.

There is something so heartwarming about receiving a card in the mail. That someone actually chose a card with me in mind, wrote some beautiful words of gratitude, put it in an envelpe, bought a stamp, walked to the mailbox, and put it in. Thank you! And I remember you well! I talk about you in class sometimes because you were able to do the most amazing pigeon pose. 

Praise, as in simple appreciation, naturally leads to gratitude, which naturally leads to a feeling of union with another, connection, love.

What can you do today to brighten someones's day? Make a phone call? Smile at someone? Smile at everyone? Touch a shoulder? Give a hug? Say hello? Write a note?


No comments:

Post a Comment