Friday 29 November 2013

Yoga jeans

There they lie on the floor! Second Yoga Jeans, Canadian made with love.
They are very comfy - except for one place - the belly. I can stand, twist, and turn, but not sit or squat. I remember I could a few months ago when I bought them. They must have shrunk in the drawer or else I wanted them so much it didn't matter that they didn't fit. I thought I stopped doing that a long time ago.  How quickly I can slip into an old habit if I'm not vigilant. And of course, I could have gained weight. Ah, the belly! This soft, beautiful, warm, flexible sheath of skin that can grow and shrink and shrinking and growing is what it's supposed to do. In each breath it shrinks and grows. But I'd rather have mine stay shrunk. Or maybe the jean people can just make a nice little elastic band around the top with a fake zipper at no loss of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment