Saturday 23 November 2013

Chilled

The weather has turned chilly. It feels like an arctic wind. I have been chilly and achy too. Yesterday I slept most of the day. Today I am a little better. I've taken my remedies: oil of oregano, lemon juice, vitamin C, and black currant juice. Finns don't do chicken soup. They do black currant juice. Hot! That's what I got as a kid. I don't remember any other remedy. 

It's nice to be able to read and watch television today. When not feeling well there is permission to not do too much. Hmmm, maybe that should be more available other times too. It reminds of a woman who told me about her very large family. When they were growing no one was sick longer than a day. They had a sick room upstairs and when anyone was sick they had to go there - alone and with nothing to do. They got well really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment