Friday 2 December 2011

Crikey!

We've been out all day.......on a bus around the area.......great residences, gardens.....Bond University......Robina town centre. Couldn't figure out how to buy a regular coffee. They have short black and long black and white coffee. My mum ordered a white coffee and got something that looked like a cross between a cappuccino and a latte with a really pretty leaf design swirled on top. Most everyone drinks instant coffee at home and then when out they have the fancy, expensive coffees. The girl serving couldn't fathom that I wouldn't know what all the coffees were. In some parts they call water Adam's ale.......that would be better for me.....by crikey!
Today is the first day of summer here........and super windy. It feels like I have sand everywhere, on my legs, in my pockets, in my hair, and my hair tastes salty as my one longer tuft keeps blowing in the wind and lands on my lips.

1 comment:

  1. I think what you described as the "white coffee" is another name for a "flat white" which is the coffee I told you that Aussies are famous for. It is a stronger smaller latte, yum.

    ReplyDelete