Monday 19 December 2011

Goodbyes

I've been saying goodbyes since I was little. First to my two grandmas and my aunties and uncles and cousins when I was 2 and we moved to Canada. I never saw one grandma again and the other I went back to visit 16 years later. Since then I've lived far from in-laws and my children rarely saw half of their grandparents either. My mom is now nearly 80 years old and lives in Australia. One of my daughters lived for a few years in the UK and now they both live on either end of Canada with me in the middle. Goodbyes never seem to get much easier. Every time I wonder if I will see this person again. It's much easier to leave someone and some place to go back home than to be left behind. The quietness must be hard for my mom tonight. And I am here in a backpackers inn in Sydney. It is rainy and wet and humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment