Friday 30 December 2011

Turkey and Noodle Salad

This is another of Nigella Lawson's recipes from her Feast book. I really have modified it because I was too lazy to look for some of the ingredients.

It is vietnamese flavoured. She says the dressing is addictive. I agree!

Dressing:

2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded and finely diced (I used dried red chilies)
2 tbsp finely grated ginger
4 tbsp fish sauce
juice of 1 lime
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp sugar

Salad:

250g cold turkey, cut into fine strips (about 2 cups)
175g beanthread or glass noodles (I used thin rice vermicelli because I haven't seen those other noodles)
125g sugar-snap peas
125g beansprouts
3 spring onions, sliced into thin circles
2 tsp groundnut oil (I just used more sesame oil......I think that it's peanut oil?)
1 tsp sesame oil
small bunch coriander, finely chopped (I used freeze dried....probably not as elegant tasting)

To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together and take 125ml of this to marinate the turkey in it while you do the rest of the salad.

Soak noodles in boiled water and drain under cold to refresh. Drain well.

Put the sugar-snaps and beansprouts into colander and pour freshly boiled water over them and then rinse with cold water quickly and drain so they are not wet.

In large bowl, swoop everything together and add more dressing if you like. Any leftover dressing will keep for a good week in the fridge.

Nigella says this recipe is great using prawns and chicken as well (if no leftover turkey is available)

No comments:

Post a Comment