Tuesday 6 December 2011

Homework

I am noticing that I need homework on this vacation. I can so easily get drawn into the dramas of the small things of life, all the stories around me and of course, my own too.
My ears are not affected when I listen. They just listen. My eyes just see. They don't interpret or take things personally. There is no comment by the eyes. They just see. So, my homework is to just see and hear and witness life and not take myself so seriously as to think it's all about me. Don Miguel Ruiz talks about not taking things personally. It's one of the four agreements in his book of the same name. I think in the biggest way he means to witness purely. Just because I am thinking about something doesn't mean that it's generated by me. I could just be the witness. This is my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment