Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Eve

I am going out tonight. I hardly ever get dressed up so I've spent the afternoon looking through some clothes that might work. I'm going to wear a too tight top and too tight pants, too big shoes and too big earrings. Hmmm, they will work. No matter what I put on "the bulge" goes somewhere. It becomes a matter of choice. Do I want the bulge here low or at the sides or up high? I've decided to let it reside above the waist out in front. Might as well show off what I got!

I feel like new year's eve is a deja vu. I've been here every year at the same time. It's a melancholy time for me. Maybe because the daily newspaper and news in general looks back on the year. So much happens in a year. I don't see the point of looking back just to list what happened. It should reveal some insight or a bit of an ahah moment at least. Right now I don't have any insight into the year previous......it just seems like a bunch of events altogether. My question is: if all this busy-ness doesn't even produce one little insight or profound knowledge, then why do it? My best moments have been the quiet, still ones. Maybe I should aim to have more of them this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment