Wednesday 3 October 2012

All of it.

When someone said to my friend last week that she always seems happy, she said, "I am mostly happy, except when I am not." Isn't that the truth.

Yesterday, I was telling a group of people how I love driving alone when traveling. And I didn't want to offend anyone there (in case we ever drive somewhere together) so I said, except when I am traveling with people. Duh! But somehow it's all the truth. I am traveling alone and loving it and then when I am traveling with someone I am loving that too. Does it have to always be one or the other? I think not. Both can exist together.

I can't decide what season I love best. Today I feel like I don't want to put summer away in a box. And at the same time I love the smell of the air in autumn, the wood pile, the drying leaves. The flip flops and jackets and mitts in the morning, and the sleeveless shirt and scarf in the afternoons.

Maybe I can love all the seasons without a favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment