Saturday 27 October 2012

Amazing women

We went to see the play, Freedom 85, tonight at Magnus Theatre. On a Saturday night and it wasn't full. That was surprising. The acting was absolutely superb. So many characters played by 2 women! The story had a lot packed into it.......sometimes a good thing can be over done.

My mom used to act at the Finlandia Club when I was young so I know what goes into it - everything you have and then some. I so admire a good actor! The practice, the memorization, the energy, and the heart! And opening night, wow.....my belly was so full of butterflies for my mom. I felt so proud in the theatre. That's my mom in the lead role. And she's amazing! I always wished that she could have pursued that more.

It is Halloween weekend with an eery full moon soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment